Chad McCumbee launched his Late Model program in 2009 and had visions set from day one. His goal was to help racers much like himself reach their goals through grassroots Late Model racing. The fleet of cars in the CMR stable utilizes Marlowe Racing Chassis and Robert Elliott Racing Engines. Chad and crew build and prepare the race cars in their coastal location of Supply, NC.
Terry Evans was tapped to drive for CMR in 2009. Evans piloted the # 20 Chevrolet to 10 top 5 and 18 top 10 finishes in 2009 on his way to winning “Rookie of the Year” honors at Myrtle Beach Speedway. CMR was able to qualify two cars into the Myrtle Beach 400 race with Terry and Chad behind the wheels.
In 2010 Evans gained his first victory in LMSC competition with CMR. The team also ran a limited schedule with a second car driven by Jeremy Frankoski. Frankoski made his stock car debut with CMR and was able to collect 2 front row starts and 6 top-10 finishes in 6 races with the team.
CMR spent much of 2011 in Research and Development of Engine and Chassis innovations. That paid off with Evans again returning to victory lane numerous times at season's end. The team also prepared a CARS Pro Cup car for Chad to run in October. McCumbee was a major threat to win and lead much of the event at Myrtle Beach Speedway.
With momentum from 2011, CMR became the winningest team at Myrtle Beach Speedway in 2012 with driver Sam Yarbrough. Yarbrough has as many poles and wins as any driver at the Speedway. That success carried into the post season where the combo qualified pole for the MB 400 weekend in November.
CMR continues to grow into one of the premier Late Model Stock teams in the southeast. Goals are to continue to expand the team and grow the driver development program. Contact CMR for more information!
- In 2003 Chad became the youngest pole and race winner at Myrtle Beach Speedway
- In 2009 Chad launched his Late Model Program with local Terry Evans as the driver
- In December 2009, Terry received the Myrtle Beach Speedway "Rookie Of The Year" title
- Evans was named one of the Nine Best Rookies of 2009 in the entire Late Model Stock world by race22.com
- CMR visited victory lane numerous times in the 2010 and 2011 seasons at Myrtle Beach Speedway
- CMR Driver Sam Yarbrough becomes the winningest driver at Myrtle Beach Speedway in 2012
- Chad McCumbee won the Myrtle Beach 400 in 2018
- Sam Yarbrough finished 2nd in the 2018 overall championship one point shy of first place